Monday, March 14, 2011

The Battle to Save SUNO

Alright fam,

Yesterday, I went to Living Faith Christian Center to rally with Southern University students of all black people. ? I know that throws you off a little, but seriously, SU Alumni from Southern University of New Orleans, Southern University in Baton Rouge and Shreveport gathered in unity to save the SUNO system. Rev. Jesse Jackson was in attendance to speak against the merger and in support of the Southern University system.

It has come to my attention that the Board of Regents have announced today their recommendation that there should be a merger of SUNO and UNO or a new College system.(Source: HBCU Digest)That is why I am urging all students to phone call the governor's office at 1-866-366-1121. Just tell em "I'm an SU Alumnus/Student or SUNO supporter and I am letting the governor know my disapproval of his position to merge SUNO and UNO. Thank You." We don't have to give your name if you don't want to. I know nobody don't want to receive a letter from the office or have the cops follow you, though that time may have passed. But let your voice be heard family.

One love

No comments:

Post a Comment